How to Cure Gout Naturally With Food? Gout has been around for thousands and years, and researchers now have a better understanding of what gout is, what exacerbates gout, and how to treat gout. Gout is a metabolic disease caused by the buildup of uric crystals. At least 2% of adults have gout. Gout symptoms and pain can absolutely be treated with food such as cherries and apple cider vinegar.
How to Cure Gout Naturally With Food
Gout is very painful. Pain is the first symptom that people complain of when they talk about gout. When people come into the emergency department with pain in their foot, one of the first things the doctors assess is if they have a history of gout or other inflammatory diseases.
Gout and Home Remedies
Acute gout is characterized by an immediate and sudden intense pain largely affecting the big toe (50%). Other sites of gout attacks are knees, ankles, and elbows. Gout is often associated with other metabolic disorders such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiac diseases. Apple cider vinegar, cherries, and green tea are remedies for uric acid pain.
People suffering from gout has reported that even the weight of the sheets, while they are laying in bed, is extremely painful. They are unable to wear shoes or weight bear. The pain from gout comes from the buildup of uric acid in the joints, tissues. This buildup can cause inflammation and arthritis. Although the standard treatment for gout is Colchicine, Colchicine has many side effects.
Apple cider vinegar, which is a food made of apples will stop gout attacks in its tracks. According to Spiro Koulouris at Gout and You, “Drinking apple cider vinegar breaks up the uric acid crystals and prevents them from reforming in the joints by aiding blood circulation and purification. It reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints allowing for better flexibility of the joints”.
Causes of Gout
- Hereditary disorders
- Purine-rich food such as liver, bacon, beans, oatmeal, cheese, and seafood
- Wine and alcohol
- Certain medications
- Renal problems
- Endocrine problems
Gout Treatment Including Natural Treatment: Signs and Symptoms
- The hallmark symptom of gout is swelling in the big toe.
- Elevated uric acid levels in the blood
- However, gout can attack any joint in the body. People may have lumps or swelling in the joints.
- Arthritis that suddenly develops
- Arthritis that only affects one joint, often the toe, ankle, or knee.
How To Treat Gout Homeopathically
- Avoid purine-rich foods
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar has been proven to help with decreasing uric levels. I have known people to take this vinegar with the mother and the pain was reduced in 1-2 days. Apple cider vinegar has acetic acid in it and that is what is thought to help reduce uric acid.
- Tart Cherry Juice has evidence that it reduces uric acid levels. Studies have also found that eating cherries have a similar effect. According to this study, “In this large study of prospectively recruited patients with preexisting gout, we found that cherry intake was associated with a 35% lower risk of recurrent gout attacks, and cherry extracts showed a similar inverse association”.
- Pure Baking Soda has been proven to help with gout by reducing uric levels in the blood. Take a teaspoon of baking soda twice a day in a full glass of water.
- Big Toe Protector protects the big toe from irritation and pain.
Gout In the Feet Treatment
Colchicine is the hallmark medication that is used to treat gout. Colchicine has multiple mechanisms of action that affect inflammatory processes and result in its utility for treating and preventing acute gout flare.
Food is an awesome way of treating gout without the side effects of Colchicine.