Absolutely, apricot-glazed brisket can be a mouthwatering dish that can be both delicious and healthy, especially if prepared with a low-carb twist.
Brisket, a flavorful cut of meat, when combined with a tangy and slightly sweet apricot glaze, creates a delightful blend of flavors that can tantalize the taste buds.
Here’s a simple recipe for a delightful low-carb apricot-glazed brisket:
Cook Time: 210 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 4 lbs Beef Brisket (Whole, Lean Only)
- 2 tsps Salt
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsps Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- Heat oven to 475 °F. Season brisket with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Place brisket fat side down in a Dutch oven. Scatter onions and carrots around the beef. Cook 15 minutes.
- Turn brisket fat side up and add 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Cook 3 to 4 hours, until brisket is fork tender.
- Heat broiler. Remove brisket from Dutch oven and place on a broiler pan. Spread jam over brisket. Broil 6 from heat source 5 minutes, until jam is lightly browned in spots. While brisket is broiling, remove onions and carrots from cooking juices.
- Cover brisket with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before serving. Remove surface fat with a spoon and serve with degreased cooking juices.
In conclusion, this recipe for a delightful low-carb apricot-glazed brisket is a wonderful way to enjoy a flavorful and delicious dish. Whether you are serving it for a family dinner, or a special gathering, this dish is bound to be a hit.