Cook Time: 210 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 4 lbs Beef Brisket (Whole, Lean Only)
- 2 tsps Salt
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsps Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- Heat oven to 475 °F. Season brisket with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Place brisket fat side down in a Dutch oven. Scatter onions and carrots around the beef. Cook 15 minutes.
- Turn brisket fat side up and add 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Cook 3 to 4 hours, until brisket is fork tender.
- Heat broiler. Remove brisket from Dutch oven and place on a broiler pan. Spread jam over brisket. Broil 6 from heat source 5 minutes, until jam is lightly browned in spots. While brisket is broiling, remove onions and carrots from cooking juices.
- Cover brisket with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before serving. Remove surface fat with a spoon and serve with degreased cooking juices.
My name is Phyllis Robinson MSN, RN. I have been a Registered Nurse for 27 years in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. I am passionate about cardiac care and heart disease. I also want this blog to be an educational tool that people can refer to for traditional and alternative treatment. I will blog on heart disorders such as high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, and high cholesterol.
I received my Nursing degree from Baltimore Community College.
I went on to receive my Masters in Nursing from Walden University
I have worked for almost 30 years in Critical Care with a focus on heart health. I am an advocate of preventive healthcare.