Baked Catfish with Broccoli and Herb-Butter Blend
- 6 oz Channel Catfish (Farmed)
- 1 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 serving Herb-Butter Blend
Cooking fish in an aluminum-foil packet makes for easy cleanup and works especially well for single portions. Add a vegetable and you have a complete quick meal. Use any compound butter or use 1 tablespoon of the Atkins recipe: Herb-Butter Blend.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the catfish on a 12-inch square piece of foil. Sprinkle fish with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Arrange broccoli florets around fish.
- Fold up the sides of the foil and crimp tightly to form a sealed packet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until fish is flaky and broccoli is tender.
- Transfer to a dish, open foil, and top with a tablespoon of Herb-Butter Blend.
This is a heart-healthy recipe. The fish is tasty with good seasoning.
My name is Phyllis Robinson MSN, RN. I have been a Registered Nurse for 27 years in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. I am passionate about cardiac care and heart disease. I also want this blog to be an educational tool that people can refer to for traditional and alternative treatment. I will blog on heart disorders such as high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, and high cholesterol.
I received my Nursing degree from Baltimore Community College.
I went on to receive my Masters in Nursing from Walden University
I have worked for almost 30 years in Critical Care with a focus on heart health. I am an advocate of preventive healthcare.
Very good recipe !