Coconut oil for hair growth, dandruff, and loss of hair have been used for hundreds of years. Coconut oil has always been used as a hair product and developing countries in the areas where coconut is grown. These areas are mainly in the tropical regions of the world. When coconut oil is used for a long time, the hair begins to become healthy. Natural coconut oil is excellent for hair growth.
Coconut oil prevents damage to the cuticles. Nutiva Coconut oil, Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil from Fresh, non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 78 Fluid Ounces is the highest rated on the internet.
There was a study done comparing coconut oriole and mineral oil. When the hair is brushed or comb the cuticles tend to chip. The proteins of the cuticles are lost during this damage. It is well known that combing wet hair damages the cuticles. Coconut oil promotes hair growth, gets rid of dandruff, and prevents hair loss.
Coconut Oil for African American Hair and Dandruff
Coconut is grown in Tropical areas mainly in Asia. Coconut oil is especially effective in controlling African American dry hair. When African American hair is exposed to certain chemicals, breakage can occur. Coconut oil is safe.
African-American Hair is drier, and they don’t produce as much oil as other races. Their hair will also become brittle and break if you wash it too often. Coconut oil has been proven to help with hair loss.
Is Coconut Oil Good For Your Hair?
The studies showed that coconut oil penetrated the hair cuticle and shaft of the hair better than mineral oil. Coconut oil was able to penetrate the hair in a more effective way.
With the oil is able to penetrate the cuticle and shaft, the growth of hair will occur. Dandruff usually occurs from dry skin. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer, therefore, the scalp will not be dry, and dandruff will not occur.
There was also less protein loss in the hair with coconut oil than with the mineral oil. Coconut oil can also be used as a pre-wash conditioner for the hair. Coconut oil reduces the water retention of hair by 46%. Repeated swelling and contraction damages the cuticle.
- NATURALLY EXTRACTED and NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva’s all-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, light-tasting, nutrient-rich oil containing 63% medium-chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is an ideal addition to a vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- HEALTH AND BEAUTY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil has natural moisturizing and deep conditioning properties, making it an invaluable part of every body care regimen.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest fresh, organic virgin coconuts and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet.
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is packaged in safe, convenient, BPA-free packaging.
Coconut oil is made up of lauric acid and it repels water. Using coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner coats the hair and prohibits water from entering the hair. A minimal amount of water enters the hair during the wash because the hair fiber is swollen.
Coconut oil is able to penetrate the cortex of the hair. The cortex is the part of the hair that is located between the cuticle and the thickest hair layer.
Using coconut oil reduces the swelling of the cuticle, therefore, it limits the curving of the cuticle. Coconut oil for hair loss is a well-kept secret.
Type of Coconut Oil to Use to Promote Growth, Prevent Dandruff, and Prevent Loss of Hair
It is best to use pure virgin coconut oil. Many of the products that say it has coconut oil in them have minimal amounts. The coconut oil should be of a high grade like Coconut Oil for Hair and Skin. A good coconut oil is always good for the skin.
If you have damaged color-treated hair. A good oil can be used as a hair conditioner.
How to Apply Coconut Oil to the Hair
Coconut oil should be applied directly to the scalp. Coconut oil works great on dry scalp and dry hair.
I used coconut oil daily. This is the process that I use:
- I put the coconut oil on at night.
- I let the coconut oil become a little liquid
- I put a little coconut oil in my hand just enough to use for a section of my hair
- First, I apply the warm coconut oil to my scalp and then I apply the rest on my hair. I repeat this step until all of my hair is done.
- The coconut oil should be combed through the hair.
- I then style my hair as usual and put on a scarf and go to bed.
When I use this technique my hair is so soft and fluffy. This technique works extremely well for African American hair.
I leave the oil in my hair. However, some people like to wash the oil out of their hair. In that case, you should let the warm oil stay in your hair for at least 30 minutes.
I also tend to get dandruff because of dry skin. The coconut oil really helps with that.
Coconut oil can be used for all hair types. In fact, coconut oil can be used as a conditioner. Coconut stimulates hair growth by getting deep into the follicles.
Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends.
There are many studies that confirm the superiority of coconut oil in preventing damage to the hair. It is especially protective when coconut oil is used as a pre-wash conditioner.
Coconut oil has also been shown to be a protective agent against treated and chemically processed hair.
Coconut oil also has a plethora of uses from beauty care to heart-healthy benefits. Coconut oil is a staple for hair growth, prevention of dandruff, and prevention of hair loss. Coconut oil for hair loss has been proven to be successful.