Are Canned Beets Good for High Blood Pressure? Buy Beet Juice Now for High Blood Pressure
High Blood Pressure Statistics
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. High blood pressure puts you at risk for heart disease.
- 80 million Americans have high blood pressure
- 33% of Americans have pre-hypertension
- Only 50% of Americans have their blood pressure under control
- Over 400,000 Americans die from high blood pressure per year
- High blood pressure costs around 50 billion dollars per year
Beet Juice Powder Product Features
- Micro Ingredients Organic Beet Root Juice Powder. Non-Irradiation and Vegan-Friendly.
- Super High in antioxidant betaine that helps protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. Powerfully increases your stamina, improves blood flow and lowers blood pressure.
- No GMOs, No additives, No preservatives, No artificial colors, No flavors, No soy, No Fillers and Gluten-Free.
- Scoop included to get the perfect measurement every time. Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, and see what the most nutrient-dense superfood on the planet is all about.
- Vegan Powder lover? Take it naturally in powder for higher concentration, quicker absorption, easier on the stomach, and more ways to have fun!an. Kosher Certified.
A study was done that included 15 women and 15 men. The subjects were given 500mg of beet juice and 500g of random other juice. All of the subjects had a baseline blood pressure done. The subjects were evaluated after 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, the subjects who drank the beet juice had a lower systolic blood pressure.
Why Does Beet Juice Help Lower High Blood Pressure?
Studies have shown that nitrate helps lower high blood pressure. Beets contain a large number of nitrites. Nitrates from foods are rapidly absorbed in the small intestine. In the small intestines, nitrates have 100% bioavailability. The nitrite is reduced to nitric oxide by the bacteria on the tongue.
Nitric oxide has the ability to dilate the veins which also decreases the blood pressure. Evidenced has proven that when the body has decreased nitric acid, the person has a tendency to have hypertension. Although this study used beet juice, fresh raw beets can be used. Canned beets are good depending on what the other ingredients are.
What Foods Have Nitrite/ Nitric Acid?
Vegetables have the highest amount of nitrites. Some of these foods are :
- Red beetroot
- Green leafy vegetables
The food that has the highest amount of nitrate is beets. These foods have also been beneficial for the prevention of coronary artery disease and strokes. Beets are a rich source of nitric acid. The Beetroot Juice was given to people with a systolic blood pressure of over 120. The people ranged in age from 23-68 years of age. The people who consumed the beet juice saw an average of a 7 point drop in their systolic blood pressure.
The consumption of beets and beet juice has been shown to decrease high blood pressure. Beetroot is a rich source of dietary nitrates. Research has shown that one glass of beetroot juice a day is enough to significantly reduce high blood pressure. Individuals consumed the beet juice for 4 weeks.