- 3 cups water
- • 1 low-sodium vegetable bouillon cube
- • 2 cups white potatoes cut in 2-inch strips
- • 2 cups carrots, sliced
- • 2 ears fresh corn (1½ cups)
- • 4 cups summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares
- • 1 cup summer squash, cut in four chunks
- • 1 teaspoon thyme, ground
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- • ½ small hot red pepper, chopped
- • 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- • 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- You can add other favorite vegetables such as
- broccoli, cauliflower, or string beans.
- Add water and bouillon in a large pot.
Bring to a boil.
2.Add potatoes and carrots to the broth
and simmer for 5 minutes.
3.Cut the corn off the cob.
4.Add the remaining ingredients except
for the tomatoes, and continue cooking
for 15 minutes over medium heat.
5.Remove the four chunks of squash
and puree in a blender.
6.Return pureed mixture to pot and let
cook for 10 minutes more.
7.Add tomatoes and cook for another
8.Remove from heat, and let sit for
10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.
Serving Size:1 1/4 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 23g